Bill Scheidler, chief activist for corruptWASH.com is, again, a candidate for a legislative seat for the 26th District.
Our currently elected representatives — Rep. Jesse Young, Rep. Michelle Caldier, and Senator Jan Angel — only perform 33% of their constitutionally obligated duties. The other 67% of their obligations are either ignored or they lack the backbone to do the heavy lifting. The obligation Young, Caldier and Angel owe citizens is to be the ‘check and balance’ over the other two branches of government.
When Washington State’s highest court establishes “perjury and fraud” as permissible, in fact, PROTECTED conduct by our public servants … we need a representative who will raise holy hell in Olympia!
“In this state, prosecutors are accorded absolute immunity when acting in their official capacity even if accused of acting maliciously or corruptly. Babcock v. State, 116 Wn.2d 596 (Wash. 1991), citing Ashelman v Pope, 793 F.2d 1072, 1079, “Allegations of conspiracy between judge and prosecutor to predetermine the outcome of a judicial proceeding are insufficient to overcome those immunities. “
The holding by Washington’s Supreme Court quoted above, which is unacceptable on its face, is even more egregious in light of the following laws.
RCW 2.48.210 mandates no lawyer shall seek to mislead a judge or jury. Clearly the Supreme Court has rendered that law irrelevant. Further, under Washington’s constitution,
Article 1, Sec 8, to grant “IMMUNITY” is “PROHIBITIED”! Clearly the Supreme Court has rendered that constitutional provision irrelevant! But it gets worse, under
Article 2, Sec 28(12) ” unauthorized or invalid act of any officer” shall NEVER be legalized. Clearly the Supreme Court has rendered that constitutional provision irrelevant!
How can we TRUST THIS GOVERNMENT to be honest when the Washington State Supreme Court has established “perjury and conspiracy” as the norm?
How do we know that the Washington State Supreme Court’s recent rulings in
McCleary – re school funding; and in
Charter Schools being unconstitutional,
aren’t just schemes concocted by judges and lawyers engaging in perjury and fraud?
When the culture of our public servants is based in dishonesty we citizens pay the price — higher taxes, less productivity, more regulation, less freedoms.
These are the things I expect, in fact, demand as a tax-paying citizen.
- An honest government! It is an unfortunate truth that today the wrong people are in jail and the wrong people are not in jail. We, the people of Washington State, are being betrayed by those in whom we place our trust. As I’ve been saying for over 15 years “at the core of our rotten government you will find lawyers”. And the reform of the legal profession is high on my list as a public official just as I’ve been doing as a private citizen for the past 15+ years.
- A Justice System in which judges and lawyers obey the law, especially the law that mandates judges and lawyers tell the truth (see RCW 2.48.210) and obey the law that provides an “impartial forum (see RCW 2.28.030)” in which citizens can resolve their grievances.
- An Educational System that graduates the most students with the best skills needed to solve ever increasing problems of a complex society. Lawmakers cannot continue to lay the deficiencies of our educational system, such as low matriculation rates, a high percentage of graduates who don’t have basic math skills … upon voters or solve these deficiencies with ‘generalized programs’ such as higher taxes, more teachers, eliminating testing, eliminating homework or inventing new standards such as common core — as some lawmakers are considering. This problem of a deficient educational system is a matter of competence and management. And that means to ‘hire and fire’ the right people and get employee unions out of our schools so we can address professional incompetence FIRST and not be blackmailed into funding a system of trickle-down incompetence. Said another way — incompetent management of our schools leads to incompetent teaching standards, leads to poorly educated students leads to an under-educated workforce leads to low wages…
- Legislators who have the backbone to address “unjust” government conduct and not turn a blind-eye to it. The sad fact is our elected officials decide their duty by the number of “votes” their actions will cost or attract. Washington’s constitution demands “governments protect and maintain individual rights”, not trade these rights for votes.
This is how I will bring these things to reality.
- As a legislator, I will use all the tools the law provides to expose, remove and prosecute corrupt public servants — INCLUDING judges and lawyers
- We must strengthen our whistle-blower laws so honest government workers will be protected, rewarded and appreciated when they report those other public servants who betray our trust.
- I am working to expel all the lawyers who hold office in the legislative and executive branchs. Lawyers are members of a judicial agency, the WA STATE BAR (See RCW 2.48), and do not belong in any other branch of government. Or, we must repeal the Washington State Bar Act and place lawyer and judicial discipline under lay citizen control.
This what the words of Article 1 Section 1 means by “governments derive their just powers by the consent of the governed”.
- We must dissolve government employee unions because these unions represent government and not the reasons governments exist – for the people. Under Washington’s constitution “our public schools must be free of sectarian control or influence — The word “sectarian” means free from ‘political as well as religious’ influence! This means “free from UNION influence, political party influence, religious influence — Schools are to be “locally controlled”. See Article 9 SECTION 4 SECTARIAN CONTROL OR INFLUENCE PROHIBITED. All schools maintained or supported wholly or in part by the public funds shall be forever free from sectarian control or influence. The constitution further prohibits the legislature from enacting special laws “Providing for the management of common schools. See Article 2, section 28(15). Article 26, Fourth section adds additional definition to governments role in establishing public schools. Furthermore, Washington’s constitution prohibits “monopolies”. Clearly “labor unions” in general, and government labor unions in particular are “monopolies” and violate our constitution. See Article 12, sec 22.
- We must begin to privatize schools and ferries.
- We must configure every “Ethics Board” by having board members ‘inducted, drafted, or chosen like a jury’ rather than being appointed by those who have a self-interest in the boards’ functions. Again, we look to Article 1, section 1 — We MUST have the “governed” not “government” regulating the government; NOT those associated with or appointed by the very people they oversee. AND
- I am working to remove from government those public servants who betray our trust. See Scheidler’s lawsuit against the corrupt Officials of the WA State Bar and the Commission Judicial Conduct
The things I expect and demand, and how I achieve these things, are NOT meant to change our governmental framework, but to have the right people in their proper roles so government functions as intended — by the “consent of the governed”..
Said another way, the “framework” upon which we are assured our public servants perform their governmental functions in a truthful and honorable way is to insure we have three independent branches of government. Each branch of government is suppose to be a “check and balance” between the others. Once we allow one branch to invade the other, or to become so powerful that it overwhelms the other branches, it creates the very breeding ground of corruption that causes crises upon crises we face election after election.
I understand the definition of “servant”, the definition of “public”, the meaning of “governments’ just powers”. And I understand the meaning of “to protect and maintain individual rights.” I also know people are increasingly angry with our currently employed “public servants” who have no idea their sole purpose is “to protect and maintain individual rights.” And I have learned that as you peel back the layers of our corrupt government, at the core of the rotten onion you find lawyers. I believe very strongly that once the “legal profession” is “regulated” by citizens and not by other lawyers, the ‘government enterprise’ will begin to heal itself – RAPIDLY!
Make no mistake about it … the TRUE political fight is for control of our courts! If you are listening to the presidential debates ALL the republican candidates warned that our constitutional rights are dependent upon who will be the next US Supreme Court Justice to replace Justice Antonin Scalia. THIS IS A WARNING to every citizen and confirmation of my criticisms of our justice system … our rights are lost, given away, or taken away by the courts – corrupt judges and corrupt lawyers. NONE of the present slate of Washington State candidates recognize this reality! Or, if they do recognize this threat to our constitutional rights, they are too scared or are themselves corrupt to employ their legislative powers and do what is right. See Article 4, Sec 9 and Article 5.
Lawyers should not be allowed to run for legislative office. All lawyers belong to a state agency, the WA State Bar, and are regulated by the WA Supreme Court. Furthermore, only Washington State Bar members are permitted to be judges. This creates an very dangerous condition that is called an “institutional conflict of interest”. Or simply put .. an “unaccountable” governmental entity. To allow lawyers to also serve in the WA State Legislature presents a “separation of powers” issue and needs to be resolved by expelling lawyers from the legislature.
This “mingling” of the judicial branch with the legislative branch has profound implications when you realize that the “legislative” branch is the “ONLY” branch that can impeach a judge. This is established by Article 5 of our State constitution. In other words, if lawyers are part of the only branch that can impeach a judge – the legislative branch, what would be their inclination in taking such an “oversight” action if either the lawyer/legislator or his law firm may face this judge or one of the judge’s colleagues in the course of their legal work? How can you trust either branch if this conflict is inherent in having lawyers hold legislative office with the power to impeach a judge?
Besides, the legal profession ranks so low with people when asked about “honest/ethics in professions” to allow them to also infiltrate our legislative branch is simply foolhardy. See Gallup Poll